The Glattfelder Education Fund
The Nathan Glattfelder and Ives Bricker Scholarship
Notice to applicants for the Nathan Glattfelder and Ives Bricker Scholarship offered through the Casper Glattfelder Association Education Fund. Regrettably, the earnings from the Glatfelter/Bricker Endowment have not been performing well in recent years. Therefore, the Education Fund Committee has placed a moratorium on the distribution of funds through 2018 and until the market recovers. No scholarships will be awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year. Applications will again be accepted beginning in January 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
In 1993 Charles A. Bricker (1912-1993), a Glattfelder descendant through both of his parents, left the association the sum of $100,000; the income from which is to be used for scholarships to students pursuing an undergraduate education.
The Bricker Will contained a number of specific stipulations to be followed in awarding scholarship grants.
- Each applicant must submit a notarized statement of lineage from Casper Glattfelder (1709-1775).
- This is a merit scholarship rather than one based on financial need; it is awarded for already demonstrated academic attainment as well as promise of further academic accomplishments.
- Grants are intended for those pursuing programs leading to an accredited college degree, not for study in vocational schools, professional academies, and graduate schools.
- Grants may be used for full-time or part-time work.
- The prescribed minimum annual grant is $1,000. It can be renewed through a maximum of four years, if the student maintains a 2.75 grade-point average, on a scale of 4.
- Persons already pursuing an accredited undergraduate program are eligible to apply.
All of these stipulations were prescribed in the Bricker Will and those administering the program are bound thereby.
The Larry and Lois Gladfelter Endowed Scholarship
Candidates for this scholarship shall be a student who wishes to attend Messiah College, Grantham, PA; demonstrates financial need; and is a descendant of Casper Glattfelder (1709-1775).
Administered by Messiah College, the Glattfelder Education Fund confirms the lineage from Casper Glattfelder (1709-1775). Completed applications must be received in the Messiah College Financial Aid Office by February 15 prior to the fall in which the student plans to begin enrollment.
Dr. Charles H. Glatfelter Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is offered to ancestors of Casper Glattfelder who was the first of his long family to arrive in the United States in 1743. Adams County Community Foundation will begin accepting applications for this scholarship in January 2018.
To access more information or to apply for a scholarship please visit www.adamscountydfs.org
- Hits: 6675